October 16, 2011

Do you love your students?

I believe that there is nothing more important in teaching than love.

I love what I do.
I love my Co workers.
I love where I work.

But, most importantly, I love the people I am there to serve, my students.

It is through this love that I truly work with them to provide the best education that we are able. I'm there to be their guide, to put them on the path and to accept them and bring them back when they get lost.

Every year we go over our Zero Tolerance Policy in school and I remain confused in its focus. If a student violates one of the rules in that policy, they don't need to be discarded, they need empathy and they need guidance. Those can only be achieved through love.

If you don't love the students, then what are you doing? I'm not sure I can call you a teacher.

No comments: